Saturday, February 20, 2010

Premonition

We lost you the first day of spring
Ironic when you think about it
You found salvation in the knot of rope
From which you hung without explanation
Instead we had to make sense of it
Had to lay ourselves to waste and blame
Had to ask the hard questions
The ones no –one can answer
Except of course in platitudes and pity.
I remember that day clearly
The sky a brilliant blue
Not a cloud in sight
A young boy approached me on the way into work
“Donation please madam” Flowers for the deceased
I shrugged my shoulders
No one dies on days like these
Just that morning
I inhaled the scent of jasmine on the breeze
And the world passed through me
Distilled
A brighter better bearing forth of itself
Driving home
Caught in a spring shower
I thought of you
Hoping beyond hope
That kindness would find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment