Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beautiful You

Beautiful you
My heart is still as a butterfly wing tonight
The starry thorns of our contentment bristling in a January breeze
Oh how I long for the calm so that I may once again know the storm.
I realize today and paper thin the fragility of my life and that becomes the pen, the words, the light.
Half of me for all of you
Rapturous promise of all hope and glory. I just had to tell you
I don’t know who I am anymore
Before
I felt like someone and now what?
Please know
All of everything tonight.
The person you loved lies buried under the sea.
I am the relic of your desire and my own self loathing.
Tonight
Broken
I come silent and bare
To the place where words are the only voice
And time my only foe.
I have loved you through an hourglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment